What should I donate?
Minnie’s Food Pantry has an URGENT need for gift cards to local grocery stores in values of $20 or more.
- Items with intact, un-opened, consumer or commercial packaging.
- Items with non-breakable packaging (no glass, please).
- Food within the expiration date on the packaging.
What are the most-requested items?
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Kids snack item: pop tarts, granola bars, jello cups
- Canned meats like tuna, stew and chili
- Boxed mashed potatoes
- Canned Fruit
- Pasta & pasta sauce
- Canned or Packaged Beans
- Boxed meals
- Rice (one pound bags)
- Soap, deodorant,toothbrush,toothpaste
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet paper
- Cleaning supplies
We cannot accept:
• Food that is homemade, home-canned or previously opened
• Unlabeled products or a product not in its original packaging
• Alcohol or medicine
• Rusty or dented cans
• Outdated products
Frequently Asked Questions
Gas and transportation are a significant cost to Minnie’s Food Pantry. We encourage you to deliver your donation to Minnie’s Food Pantry. If your donation is an excess of five barrels (approximately 6000 pounds of food) and you cannot arrange delivery, you may request a pick-up by calling (972) 596-0253. Unfortunately, we cannot pick up in residential neighborhoods.
3033 W Parker Road, Suite 116, Plano, Texas 75023
1st and 3rd Saturday from 8:30AM-11:00AM
Our volunteers are there between these hours to help unload your food donations.